Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Big country!

    April 4 in Japan ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    It only takes 2.5 hours from Taipei airport to arrive Kansai airport. But because of the crowd of arriving people (Kansai is a very busy tourist spot), it took about an hour to pass through immigration and clear custom.

    As most people visited Japan know that the first hour after arrived in Japan is a busy hour. We were busy at the Kansai airport today too.

    Because it is a long trip for us this time, we have packed luggage for different purpose. After we came out, the first thing we do is to arrange delivery of luggage we don’t need to the last hotel of this leg.

    Then we go look for airport shuttle to Kyoto (our first stop). We feel lucky to use Klook.com to book for the shuttle and it is easy to use (just to scan the QR code to exchange for ticket).

    We then went to exchange some Japanese Yen. The rate is not the best at the airport but it is very convenient. Symeon exchanged some money he saved the last couple months here too!

    After we have done everything we need, we were very thirsty, so we went to the vending machine to get a drink. When the drink dispensed from the machine, we discover that the drink (a bottle of milk tea) is HOT. Symeon usually picks good drink from a vending machine, but this time, he didn’t have luck to pick something he likes so far!

    Before boarding to the shuttle bus, I went to the washroom and Symeon browsed at the toy dispensing machine. After using the washroom, I went to the sink to wash my hands. There is one tap dispensing soup, one tap for watering and one hole dispensing warm air to blow dry our hands. All of these in one sink. I am so admire to the Japanese creativity!

    Although this is not our first time in Japan, there is always new stuff here. It is very different from our country. We are “big country” here!
    Read more