Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Catch up!

    September 22, 2019 in Costa Rica ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Long time no type... time to catch you up.

    Since our last check in we had the privilege of witnessing multiple green turtles nesting on the beautiful beach of Tortuguero. We weren’t allowed to bring cameras, however we took plenty of mental pictures. Under the very starry sky, we could even see the Milky Way.
    Along with our very adorable Costa Rican tour guide Ray, we trekked along the jungle and beaches to come across a green turtle momma laying her eggs. Did you know, that the green turtle will come back to the same beach every year to make her next? The green turtle is the second largest sea turtle here.
    Within few minutes of being on the beach we saw two more turtles coming up from the sea- what an incredible experience!
    On our last day in the jungle, we decided to relax by the pool along with our new found monkey friends before heading back to Heredia the next day.
    After another long journey of boat rides, taxis and buses, we arrived back in the very raining Heredia. Here we were finally able to pick up our car- time to begin our road trip in style.
    Read more