Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Day 18 - Eastward Bound

    September 25, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌫 10 °C

    It's time to wave goodbye to the Pacific West and get ready for the Mid-West ahead. Set those clocks, we're passing a time zone!

    The day started at the diner chain IHOP. We both ordered the combo breakfast and Alice had pancakes with hers, and as we were in the International House of Pancakes I thought I'd check that assertion with an order or crepes. I also prefer crepes. The food was tasty, quick and cheap with unlimited coffee at hand. What more could you want?

    Then it was time to hit the road. It was an eight hour drive today that would result in two statelines being crossed. There was a lot more to see of Washington, although it wasn't as Evergreen as the state slogan suggests. Autumn waits for no state slogan! It was beautiful however. We then crossed Idaho, or if you were to think of Idaho as a hand with a forefinger pointing to the sky, we drove across the finger. We saw a whole hour of Idaho and then we were in Montana. Montana comes from the Spanish meaning 'the mountainous one'. The Spanish were definitely on to something! A multitude of mountains with varying terrains greeted us the moment we crossed the state line. It was a pleasant and scenic drive as we approached our motel for the night. Tomorrow, more roads and mountains as we aim for Yellowstone.

    Song of the Day:
    Willie Nelson - On the Road Again
    Read more