Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 58

    Day 58 - Parks And Exhibitions

    November 4, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Today was as slow and easy as yesterday, maybe more so. We spent the morning in bed watching TV and reading news online.

    We then left the motel and went for something to eat. The city market is an area that is particularly lively with various eating and drinking establishments. We decided on 'Wild Wings Cafe' and sat down and enjoyed our lunch in the afternoon sun. No wings this time, just regular chicken and rice for me and nachos for Alice. Next up was something we had been meaning to do for a while. Finding a post office and sending some items abroad. It took longer than expected and the staff were extremely helpful. We made our to Forsyth Park which was very nice and contained a large fountain. On the way out we stopped off for a coffee.

    Next on the list was the Savannah Museum. We were keen to learn and this slightly dated yet strangely appealing museum fitted the bill. There were ye olde dressed up mannequins, a huge steam train, a boat, the bench used in Forrest Gump, many other bits and pieces and lots of interesting information about Savannah during the Civil War. Alice and I now know a great deal more about this meticulously planned port city than we did before. Job done.

    That night I chose dinner and due to a marathon the next day there seemed to be a large number of people also looking for somewhere to eat. The first choice was struck off due to us being informed that there was an hour and three quarters wait for a table. We decided on another Italian restaurant for choice number two and their wait was a more palatable twenty minutes. Thirty or so minutes later and we were seated. Woo hoo! Vinnie Van Go Go's was actually just a pizza restaurant with the options simply being toppings and sauce. We were not disappointed once it arrived. We devoured our supremely tasty eighteen inch pizza and craft beers. All's well that ended well.

    Song of the Day:
    Andy Williams - Moon River (Alice drank Moon River beer with dinner)
    Read more