Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 61

    Day 61 - The Best Friend Thirst Ever Had

    November 7, 2016 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 10 °C

    When I say large American corporate brand, you say... well, there's quite a few actually. OK, let's think of those adverts with happy beautiful people, laughing and joking without a care in the world. Everyone is holding a red can containing a sweet black mildly addictive liquid inside. Yeah that's right, Coca-Cola. And we were about to 'open happiness'. We were going to The World of Coke.

    After getting our tickets we entered the 'artefacts' room. Our guide explained the history behind the Coke memorabilia (calling them artefacts) that surrounded us. It was quite interesting. We were then ushered into a movie theatre to watch an eight minute Coke video. It was basically a long form commercial with many people doing various spontaneous things making other people happy whilst drinking Coke. We all left happy and ready to enter various exhibits telling the story of Coke. All sarcasm aside, the main reason we were here was to go to the 'taste it' room where we got to drink various soft drinks from around the world. This experience was worth the price of admission alone and we drank a year's worth of fizzy drinks. My favourite was Fanta Kolita from Costa Rica and Alice's was Inca Kola from Peru. If that wasn't enough, we were all given a complimentary bottle of coke as we left. The trip was a bit of a laugh and I'm glad we went. And I wasn't going to drink anything sugary for a week.

    The rest of the day was not that exciting. We went back to the hotel to do the washing as we wanted to ensure they were done whilst we had the facilities. For dinner we went for something quick, easy and relatively healthy. Chipotle was opposite and was a good choice.

    Song of the Day:
    Robin Beck - First Time (a classic 80s pop track used in a very 80s Coke commercial)
    Read more