Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 13

    Margaret River WA

    5 april 2023, Australië ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Another on-the-go day packing in as many sights and activities as we could around Margaret River.

    We spent the morning in town fulfilling a special request from Josh for a Margaret River surf t-shirt from Hillzeez, along with West Coast Eagles caps for Anthony, Ryan and Lachie.

    Then it was off south to Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, reportedly the tallest on mainland Australia, presiding over the treacherous seas where the Southern and Indian Oceans meet.

    As we made our way back up the coast road we stopped for a tour of Lake Cave, with the largest intact suspended table formation in the world! Although not a big cave (just 80m long) it had a number of interesting features that when lit up presented a rather spectacular scene.

    Next stop, Surfers Point and Southside surf breaks at the mouth of the Margaret River itself. They were in the process of setting up for the Margaret River Pro event later in the month. Pity we missed it by just a few weeks. The beach wasn’t what we’d expected. It truly is for surfers only. We were surprised it appeared to be a rock shelf. However, the break was interesting, apparently called an a-frame wave caused by opposing swells from the Southern and Indian oceans.

    And of course last but not least, no trip to Margaret River would be complete without visiting the wineries. Voyager Estate was by far our favourite and an excellent recommendation. We might need an ATM upgrade for the caravan before we leave! Looking forward to joining up with Daniel and Helen in a couple of days time to enjoy the bounty.
    Meer informatie