Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 14

    Busselton WA

    6 April 2023, Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Today, finally, after 12 days of heading west, we’ve dipped our toes in the Indian Ocean and are now heading north! Destination Fremantle for the Easter Weekend. We’re very much looking forward to reuniting with Josh and Ryan and will be waiting excitedly at the airport to welcome them tomorrow morning. Although he probably won’t admit it, Lachie is especially excited for their return. Mum and Dad are fun, but big bros are the best! The footy ball is already out and awaiting a good kick-around.

    When in Busselton, one must visit the longest wooden-piled jetty in the Southern Hemisphere. Being such a glorious day we happily strolled the 1.8 km out to the Underwater Observatory, one of only six operating in the world. We saw some interesting sea life including a big Samson fish which can apparently grow to 6 feet long. We were lucky to jag some seats on the solar-powered Jetty Train for the way back, which also included interesting commentary about the history of the jetty.

    After checking in at the Discovery Park Woodman Point we headed into Fremantle for dinner at Gino’s Cafe - another great recommendation. As the story goes, Gino Saccone arrived in 1956 from Italy. He worked as a tailor in Freo for over 20 years, but he could never get a decent coffee. In 1983 he closed his tailor shop and with his family opened Ginos Café. Since then 3 generations of the Saccone family have run Gino's Cafe and still serve some of the best coffee in Perth – with Rosa’s home style Italian cooking.
    Baca lagi