Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 81

    Frigiliana and Nerja, Spain

    March 11, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    After leaving Granada, we headed back towards the coast toward Nerja in the Costa Del Sol. For lunch, we stopped at a small hilltop town called Frigiliana. This village is made up of narrow whitewashed streets which are home to a number of cafes and restaurants with beautiful views out to the coast. Frigiliana has been voted one of Spain’s most beautiful towns. We stopped for a delicious cheese board and salad before hopping on a tourist train ride around the town.

    Only 15 minutes away is the seaside town of Nerja. Nerja is home to beautiful beaches set in bays below towering cliffs. Alex took a quick dip in the ocean but it was freezing so he wasn’t long. We walked the ocean front promenade to a beautiful plaza where there were many shops and cafes. Before leaving Nerja, we visited the Nerja Caves which were amazing! There’s evidence to support the caves being inhabited over 20000 years ago by Palaeolithic humans. Now, the caves have been restored to showcase the amazing columns and stalagmites and stalactites. The photos I took definitely do not do Nerja caves justice!
    Read more