Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 82

    Jaen and Torledo, Spain

    12 maart 2023, Spanje ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Our next stop is Toledo, via a small town called Jaen, famous for its Roman baths and quaint neighbourhood. Unfortunately when we arrived in Jaen everything was closed so we only made a quick stop for tapas lunch. Alex had an adventure driving in Jaen as the roads were incredibly narrow and tricky to navigate.

    After a quick bite we continued on to Toledo which is a historic city about 75kms out of Madrid. We arrived in time for a wander around the city before dinner, where we stopped at a local tapas bar. The next day, Alex and I did a walking tour of the town, where we learnt about the Arab, Christian, moorish and Roman influences on the city’s architecture. Toledo, like many Spanish cities, is made of narrow alleyways, which wind amongst the neighbourhoods. On the tour, we visited the Jewish quarter, the cathedral and one of the best preserved historic mosques in the world. Unlike other historic cities, people of all faiths lived harmoniously in Toledo throughout history. This contributed to the impressive conservation and variety of architecture.
    Meer informatie