Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,500

    Asia Tour - Maeklong/Damnoen - Thailand

    April 21, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 37 °C

    Another busy day today - off to the railway markets and floating markets, again as this is something I missed first time around.

    Picked up from outside the hostel then we where taken to the salt fields to see how it’s harvested which was cool I guess. From there we got on the actual train that goes through the markets which was cool, although the locals didn’t seem too pleased about it 😂

    After the train pulled into the station at the market we got to walk around and explore it and it was cool - extremely crowded and narrow but seeing all the produce just at the side of the tracks was awesome, and seeing how they pack it up for when the trains come is even cooler - i got the best mango smoothie I’ve ever had at the market, it was amazing!

    After the market we had a trip to the floating markets, first by coach then by long tail boat which was class! It was not safe at all which made it more exciting as when other boats came past the wash from their boats made ours lean quite a bit, there was a few iffy moments.

    Arriving at the market it was chaotic, so many boats and people all in a small place, it was boss seeing all the food and stuff being sold from the boats. I also got some food from a restaurant just off the market which was recommended to me by thr tour guide - 30baht for spicy chicken and rice! It was super tasty I ended up giving the woman in the boat 100 baht and she was so happy she gave me a coconut ice cream as she wouldn’t let me walk away without taking it hahahaha.

    After that we had a mad rush back into Bangkok as the city was closing due to a practice run of a parade next month in honour of the king. We made it back, I had a quick nap before heading to Chinatown for some food before A few drinks at the sky bar
    Read more