Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Lanzarote to Gran Canaria

    November 5, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    Having said goodbye to the group at breakfast, a taxi took me to the airport for the 13.30 Canary Air flight to Las Palmas in Gran Canaria where I was met by the Explore leader of the next week's holiday, Mateusz, who was from a Polish family, born in Norway, lived in Germany, and now lived in Pamplona.
    A taxi shared with Lisa took us to the Hotel Escuela Rural Casa de los Camellos in Aguimes which is situated in the hills overlooking the east coast of Gran Canaria. The narrow streets and houses of the historic centre of the town had been renovated.
    The hotel was an old house with two courtyards which had been owned by camel -owners.
    I had a Uruquay dulce de leche dessert and a coffee with Lisa in the afternoon followed by goat lasagne and an excellent salad for dinner with the rest of the group.
    The group consisted of Lisa from York, Hazel from Leicester, Andrew and Janice from Henley, Gavin from Northern Ireland, Sean from Bishops Stortford, Paul and Ann from Brighton, David from Chingford, Steve from Durham, Geoff from Weymouth, Tista from Clapham, Fiona from Leatherhead, and Catherine from Oxford.
    Read more