Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 27

    Ann

    25 juni 2023, Kanada ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    When the Paul family moved to Rainier in the summer of 1974, we only knew a few families. Little did I know that our neighbours up the road — a widow and her two children would become such fast friends.

    Ann Nyenhuis and her family left a war ravaged Europe to make Canada their home. She brought a zest for life, beautiful smile, and resiliency to each day that I look back now and find remarkable.

    While living in Edmonton, Ann’s husband died and a young woman now had two children to raise on her own. She moved to Rainier where her brother Casey farmed and set about raising her daughter Anneke and son Dick. No surprise that they exemplified their mother— each of them sharing an enthusiasm for life, and bringing positivity to the world.

    Ann was a good friend to my mother, a community minded person and was always up for some new adventure. She lived life fully.

    Sad news came to us on the road. Ann died last week and I miss her — here so many provinces away. Her funeral is today. The downside of travel is not being there to pay my respects. I am so fortunate that our lives intersected and knowing that Ann lives on through her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. Thinking of you Ann today … and the legacy, the gifts you have left our world.
    Läs mer