Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Day 34: Arzúa

    October 13, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    We timed our departure from Melide to arrive in Arzúa after noon. With only 13.5 kilometers to walk, we had a rather leisurely start to our day—including the biggest slices of tortilla we’ve encountered on the Camino.

    Once underway, our path meandered up and down hills, past flower and vegetable gardens, plowed fields, and plenty of pastures with horses and cows.

    At one point, a farmer ran a line across the Camino halting pilgrim traffic as he coaxed his cows from one pasture to another.

    We stopped for second cups of coffee in A Peroxa, and were delighted to bump into Scott from Seattle, the pilgrim we’d shared a Tesla taxi with from Pamplona to St. Jean-Pied-de-Port at the beginning of our Camino. We hadn’t seen him since, and we’d been wondering how he was doing.

    We were soon on our way again, and we enjoyed meeting Rebecca, a pilgrim from Eugene, Oregon. It’s always a pleasure to strike up a fun conversation over the course of a few kilometers along the Way.

    Our lodging today has a utilitarian, truck stop kind of feel to it, but it is clean and has a restaurant which means we don’t have to walk further to forage for food.

    Tomorrow we’ll walk 19 kilometers to O Pedrouzo. With the forecast calling for rain, we expect our ponchos will be earning their keep.
    Read more