Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Sailing towards Qingdao

    October 23, 2017, Yellow Sea ⋅ 🌙 13 °C

    We were woken this morning to the ship moving quite a bit and spray hitting our window. By the time we went up to breakfast it had settled down. On our way to breakfast we ran into Sarah and Ann, so we joined them and heard all about their time in Beijing. After breakfast we went to a talk on Qingdao. We had a wander around the shops and bought a couple of $10 watches. We had our Mariner lunch today and on the way we met Dolores who organized our Beijing excursion but was unable to go because she had a fever. We had planned to sit with Sarah and Ann but they had just been presented with silver medallions for spending 300 days at sea with Holland America and had to sit at a reserved table. The lunch was very enjoyable and the food was excellent.
    After lunch we went to "Ask the Captain ". Captain Chris Turner answered questions from the audience which was very informative. After the Captain we stayed on to hear Master Kam talk about modern China. At 6pm we did our laps around the promenade deck. Its a good time to go as a large number of guests are at dinner. Went to dinner at 8pm as usual. Our two wait staff were very tired tonight. They did breakfast in the Lido followed by the Mariner lunch and then dinner. We gave the show a miss tonight and had an early night.
    Read more