Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 74

    Stopover in Semarang

    October 29, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    From Karimunjawa Zoé, Jonas, Denise and me took a speed boat to Jepara (back to Java). I was kind of sad to leave the island after we had such a nice time there🥹 From Jepara we took the bus to Semarang. Since we planned to hike two vulcanos (which were far away) in the next few days, we chose to make a stopover in Semarang.
    When we arrived there, we visited the old town (Kota Lama) in the city, where we could see the influence of the dutch colonialism in the buildings. It looked very cozy in the streets of the old town in the evening (as Denise would say „des hod ma daugt“😅).
    We had nice Indonesian food (this time in a proper restaurant instead of a Warung (which is a typical place where you can eat or buy something in indonesia). Finally some vegetables!

    Our hostel in Semarang was awful 😩😅 it smelled like chicken, the people were smoking in the reception hall, there were no sinks (which seems to be a common lack on java 😃), no toilet paper, and at 11.30 pm they started construction Work in the hostel 😒 luckily Denise could convince them to end it („Are you serious?“😂)
    We booked the hostel for the next day and went to sleep early as we had to catch a train the next day in the morning to start our journey to Mount Bromo. 🌋
    Read more