Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 124

    Kelingking Beach 🦖

    December 18, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We actually wanted to explore more of Nusa Penida’s nature, beaches and viewpoints, but unfortunately I felt sick the day after the snorkeling trip and needed to rest. So for two or three days we didn’t do much, but Mo brought me some food and we tried to make the best out of it. In the meantime Mo enjoyed our nice pool and we played a lot of Uno 🤷🏼‍♀️

    On the last day on Nusa Penida I felt good enough to drive to one of the viewpoints of the island. Kelingking Beach is one of the outstanding sights of the island but therefore unfortunately also a place where instagram bloggers are found the most 😅 the view on the T-Rex-shaped piece of the island looked special indeed. Mo wanted to climb down to the beach to see the clear blue water. I was waiting for him on top of the viewpoint and when he came back he seemed quite exhausted and said that he couldn’t finish to go all the way down, because it took more time than expected and we had to catch a boat to Nusa Lembongan a few hours later. On our scooter ride back we enjoyed the beautiful landscape of Penida Island one last time, and saw amazing old temples (which we couldn’t visit because we didn’t wear the right clothing 🤦🏼‍♀️😅).
    We dropped off the scooters at the harbour and had a funny boat ride to the neighbouring island of Nusa Penida: Nusa Lembongan. It was a very small boat which brought us and our backpacks to Lombongan in a 15 minute drive. Unfortunately only one of the two engines was working, so the boat was in inclined position the whole time. When we arrived on Lembongan, we were completely wet 😅 but we took it with humour and we’re happy to arrive safely on Lembongan.
    Read more