Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 127

    Das Café am Rande der Welt ☕️🏄🏼‍♂️

    December 21, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Nusa Penida was a magical island - manta rays, unnatural blue water, the traditional locals… - but there was still one thing that draw our attention to travel to the neighbouring island of Nusa Lembongan: there was no surf on Penida island whereas on Lembongan there were said to be at least three surf spots. And since I was still to weak to explore a lot, at least Mo should have got the chance to catch more indonesian waves.

    So when we arrived on Lembongan, Mo rented himself a surfboard and tried out the different surf spots. I think he mostly surfed at a spot called „Playground“. One time a local accidentally drove him to „Lacerations“ instead - he told me that suddenly some waves barrelled🤯😰 so in the end he didn’t surf there for a very long time😅

    One day we visited „Mahana Point“ - a quite advanced surf spot, surfing there would have been way to heavy for us. We rather sat in the coffee shop which was located directly above the spot on a cliff. It was an awesome location and when the surf conditions were good you could observe the surfers right from there. It seemed to me like a coffeeshop at the end of the world, reminding me of the book „Das Café am Rande der Welt“. Mahana point is located on the smaller island Nusa Ceningan, connected to Nusa Lembongan by „The Yellow Bridge“. It was already an adventure to cross that bridge with our scooter 😅 on our way we passed by a graveyard where we could see that umbrellas were protecting each grave - I know from Denise, who already visited Nusa Lembongan, that the Balinese people share the belief that their ancestors still need to be protected from rain and sun even if they are already dead.

    While Mo was surfing every day on Lembongan I still recovered and stayed at the pool of our Guest house - which was also one of the best accommodations we had so far. Gladly I was healthy enough to go to Warungs in the evening together with Mo, but still Uno and reading were my major activities on the island. 😅
    Read more