Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Cerro Muriano to Villaharta

    February 26 in Spain ⋅ 🌬 9 °C

    The day began cool and invigorating, but a strong headwind appeared, followed by rain and hail on and off all day, with brief periods of sunshine. Much of the path was very wet from overnight rain, and we made a couple of detours onto the road, which lengthened our day (only 21 km, officially). We were constantly putting rain gear on and off as lovely warm sunshine would appear for brief periods.

    We stopped for a bite in El Vacar, where we were aiming for the panderia but ended up in the first bar, which had really bad food and questionable hygiene. Just a bit further down the road was the lovely panderia. All of the peregrinos made the same mistake. I would like to put a big sign there to warn future peregrinos, or have the warning added to the pilgrim guide.

    We are now settled in the pleasant modern albergue in Villaharta with our own room for 10 euros each. There is a tienda in town and a kitchen here, plus a bar nearby.

    G: vandaag best een mooie wandeling, maar de vele regen in de nacht maakte de paden soms... Lastig. Het weer was erg variabel, de voorspelling was droog en zonnig maar we kregen vier keer hagel en mijn broek is zes keer nat geregend maar net weer opgedroogd voor we aankwamen. En dat is het lekkerst. We slapen in de gemeentelijke herberg vandaag, daarvoor moesten we ons voor 14.00 uur aanmelden want daarna is het gemeentehuis dicht.
    Read more