Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    Alcaracejos to Hinojosa del Duque

    February 29 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    D: Today was a sunny pleasant 21 km walk, mainly through farm land. We chatted with lots of animals along the way, and G also talked with a Shepherd who spoke some English and plans to walk part of the CF with friends in the summer. We are seeing storks nesting in church towers now, so reminiscent of the CF. We also passed by many old oak trees with definite personalities!

    People remain pleasant and welcoming. A lot of dedication to building a Camino infrastructure here, as there has been all along the Mozarabe. They want us!

    G’s ‘bullshit’ Spanish had come a long way and he can often have conversations with people. I am still at the basic ‘cafe con leche, por favor’ but I blame my diversion into learning Dutch instead of Spanish.

    The walk into this town is quite dull for the last 4 km (industrial area) and unfortunately our hostal is on the outskirts of town. The Albergue is much better located in the pleasant centre but it is only one room, and we know from last night that it will have two heavy snorers in it. Lovely fellows, but we have become accustomed to quiet rooms on this walk.

    G: vandaag een makkelijke wandeling, grotendeels parallel aan een grote weg maar dan doe je je oordopjes in met muziek en geniet je van wat je ziet. Voor foto’s vind ik het belangrijk dat het licht goed is, ik zoek daar altijd naar. En vandaag met de zon en wolken was het smullen. Een prachtige wandeling tussen fantastische eikenbomen. Ik noem ze bij deze : de Spaanse Boababs
    Read more