Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    California Adventure!

    February 21, 2019 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 6 °C

    Our second full day was spent in Disney California Adventure. We spent the morning getting wined and dined. (Okay, coffee'd and cookie'd) by the Disney Vacation Club. The presentation wasn't very high pressure, and we got 50 dollars each, and two Fast Passes out of it, so I'd say it was totally worth it.

    We got some lunch in Downtown Disney (Jambalaya, a Shrimp Po Boy and a mint julep) and headed into California Adventure. We had no idea where to go and what to do, so we walked around for a while, and decided to head to the Incredicoaster to put in our Fast Pass selection. Pixar Pier was fantastic! It's like a big Carnival there was a lot of great live music happening in California Adventure. We made our first ride the ferris wheel. We opted for a non-swinging gondola because the swinging ones are way too spooky. They slide along a track and will really swing when it gets going. We learned on our way to the DVC presentation that there are only 3 wheels like this in the world. (The others are non-Disney, in New York and Tokyo.) When we got off of the wheel it started to rain, but we had a good view of that from the wheel. We prepared for the rain better this time. We ended up doing a lot of walking around the park a little aimlessly, just taking it all in. We tried to use our next Fast Pass to get onto Guardians of the Galaxy but they were sold out by the time we got there. We ran back to the Incredicoaster and I loved it! There was virtually no line because they had just reopened it after the rain/lightning. I learned something new about myself. Apparently I like roller coasters! I loved it! We dashed back over to Guardians because the wait time was under an hour. One thing I wasn't crazy about in California Adventure was that it didn't feel as easy to navigate. We did a lot of running back and forth, and it pretty much wrecked both of us.

    We waited for a bit in the Guardians line, until we learned it was a Drop of Doom type ride, and Wallace does not enjoy those (and I'm not overly fond of them anyhow) so we ditched the line, and went to meet Spiderman, Black Panther, and then I got pulled up to dance during a little dance show with Star Lord and Gamora. This was super fun. Wallace said it was his favourite part of the day. I really wanted to see the World of Colour, and the Pier all lit up, so we wanted to stay just until it got a little dark. I realized that the World of Colour is also under refurbishment. Next time I'm coming back in a slightly busier season. There are so many iconic things that they had down! The pier was still amazing all lit up. We rode a ride called Soarin' which was a simular or type rode, with smells and everything. (We could really smell the elephants!) Then we rode the Zephyr, which is a swing, but with rockets. Then I rode the Silly Symphony Swings, we got a picture with Buzz Lightyear and we did the Incredicoaster one more time.

    We met Goofy on our way out, and retired to our room a little early with a pizza and sat to soothe our poor muscles. We're both hoping to be a little kinder to our bodies in the next few days, although our plans are for Universal (the Wonderful Wizarding World!) and another big day at Disneyland on Saturday. Wish us luck. 👍😂
    Read more