Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 2 Buenos Aires

    February 14 in Argentina ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    This morning with a guide and a driver we toured the city . First we went to Recoleta Cemetery and saw the tomb where Eva Peron is buried . We also saw many unusual and grand tombs and our guide arranged for us to go inside the grandest - very unusual. 27 presidents are buried here.
    We then went to Plaza De Mayo and saw the famous pink government building where Eva gave her last speech from the balcony and also to the cathedral .
    We then went to San Telemo and La Boca both very different areas and you would not go to either after dark! But the colourful buildings in la Boca were good to see . We then went to a trendy waterfront area , said goodbye to our guide , had lunch and made our way back to the hotel via Plaza de mayo again . We had an interesting discussion with our guide about Las Malvinas ( democracy would not have come to Argentina if they had won the war as the dictatorship of Galtieri would have flourished). We have also heard a lot about Lionel Messi they adore him !
    A few hours by the hotel pool .
    To end the day we went to tango show at a glamorous restaurant , ate massive steaks ! Ended a bit late but we have to get used to this as staying up late seems the Argentinian way !
    Read more