Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Teleferico tour

    November 16, 2016 in Bolivia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Grün, Gelb und wo ist der Bus? Das war die große Frage. Hier in La Paz gibt es ein Netz aus mehreren Telefericos, Seilbahnen. Diese sind notwendig um die verschiedenen Teile der Stadt und El Alto mit La Paz zu verbinden.
    Die Bahnen sind auch, entgegen dem was man in Bolivien sonst so an Infrastruktur sieht, top modern und sauber. Da haben sie sich nicht Lumpen lassen.

    Nervig war dann nur von der gelben Line, hoch nach El Alto, zur grünen Linie zu kommen. Keiner wusste wie man da hin kommt. Und in Bolivien ist es äußerst unhöflich einfach zu sagen:" das weiß ich nicht." Also wird irgendwas erzählt. Und dann sucht man erstmal... und läuft durch dieses El Alto, ein Wust aus Straßenständen, Minibussen, Hunden und komischen bis ekligen Gerüchen. Ich kam mir vor wie in Bombay.

    Green, Yellow and where is this Bus? That was the big question. Here in La Paz is a Network of Telefericos, cable cars. It is necessary to connect the different parts of the city and La Paz with El Alto.
    These cable cars are, compared to bolivian infrastructure so far, very modern with top equipment. They really put an effort in that one.

    The only annoying was to find a connection from the yellow line up to El Alto and the green line, down to a different part of La Paz. No one had a real plan. And in Bolivia it's very impolite to say:"I just don't know." So they tell you the story of the American pie. And so you start to search in this city , El Alto. It's a bunch out of street shops, mini buses, dogs and smells from strange till disgusting. My imagination of Bombay.
    Read more