Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Viaduct basin and Devonport

    January 12, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ 🌙 17 °C

    Woke up feeling refreshed  and excited for our first proper day in New Zealand. Made breakfast in the hostel and sat outside on the balcony. We then wondered to viaduct basin a harbour near where we are staying. Next we got a ferry over to Devonport, a beautiful bayside village. We then walked up a volcano called Maungauika and explored the military tunnels. Breathtaking views overlooking Auckland and Mount Victoria.

    We then went to Cheltenham beach to relax and went for a swim. The sea was surprising warm! On the way back to the ferry we saw a dog on her own. We managed to catch her in the end and asked a local to try and call the number on her collar. Unfortunately no one answered. The woman put it on the local Facebook page and called the lost and found number. We looked after her on the beach for a little while then the lady we met took over. We then had fish and chips overlooking the sea and Auckland . We have just arrived to our hostel and had a message from the lady we were with to say Tilly had been reunited with her owner and they were very greatful that we took care of her. We are both tired after a long day so relaxing in the hostel this evening.
    Read more