Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 171

    Mount John Summit

    June 29, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 2 °C

    Had a lie in this morning then Ashleigh and I got ready to do the Mount John Summit hike. We walked to tekapo springs where you start the walk. It was a gradual climb up walking through alpine trees. It was a little icy on the track towards the top and there was snow everywhere. It took us about 1 and a half hours to reach the top. We were rewarded with 360- degree views of the surrounding mountains and lakes. The lakes were a beautiful turquoise. It was a little cloudy but luckily the cloud was high so we were able to see a lot from the top. It was a little chilly when we reached the summit. I unfortunately dropped one of my gloves on the way.

    It was an easy climb going down took us about an hour. When we reached the start of the track Ashleigh noticed my other glove on a rock. I must of dropped it at the start of the track and someone kindly picked it up and left it there.

    After the walk we went to Tekapo springs cafe. Ashleigh had a coffee and I enjoyed a hot chocolate. We had a lovely view of lake tekapo and the mountains. We also had carrot cake.

    In the evening we played cards and had a few drinks.
    Read more