Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 178

    Drive to Picton

    July 6, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    This morning we checked out of the hostel just before 10. We had to drop the hire car off by 12 in Picton. We stopped of at Villa Maria vineyard on the way. Unfortunately it was closed for tasting but It waa nice to see the vineyards there.

    We then drove half an hour to Picton Ferry Port to drop of silver lining. It was sad to say goodbye to the car after travelling in her for 4 and a half weeks.

    Next we had a walk by picton Harbour. It's been sunny today and a little warm. I was in a t shirt and jeans for some of the day. Doesn't feel like winter here. We checked in to Tombstone backpackers where we stayed at the start of the trip because we loved it here. The couple that run it are lovely. The beds are comfortable and it's very clean and we get homemade scones for breakfast.

    We were sat in our room and a goat ran past. We were laughing because the owner was chasing after it and putting it back in its pen. It escaped a couple more times. He was very playful and kept jumping up at Ashleigh and wagging his tail. A bit like a dog really! In the evening we ended the day relaxing in the hot tub looking over at the hills of Picton and the bright full moon. Unfortunately a bit cloudy to see the stars.

    We didn't get to do the dolphin watching boat tour when we arrived in Picton so we've booked that for tomorrow afternoon.
    Read more