Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Thursday Singapore at the Ibis

    January 30, 2020 in Singapore ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    What a full day! We had breakfast at the hotel (included). Very good and something for every nationality. We were off by 9 to find the hop on hop off bus stop. We were unsuccessful so came back to the hotel and had a cab take us to the main bus area. Purchased a 2 day ticket each plus 2 attractions and it was $200. Singapore is not cheap. Their $ very close in value to ours. We took the yellow line around downtown and got off at Little India. Shopped and wandered then tried some Indian beer. A short walk from there was the Arab neighborhood. Lots of tailors and fabric shops and we had gelato on a croissant for lunch! Delicious. Much map reading and getting lost and we made it back to the hotel around 2.30 for a short rest. Den did a little laundry.
    The hawker stall5are only a block away so we went there and each chose a different something for dinner. Like the food court at a mall. Can't say I was overly in love with it but my $3 noodles with chicken was ok. Cheryl had a variety plate with fish for $6.50.
    We then made our way back to the bus to Gardens by the Bay. All built on land reclaimed from the ocean.
    Read more