Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Ballina to South West Rocks

    April 19, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We have just set up in a lovely camping area known as PlayStation Free Camp. It is located in the same grounds as the MidCoast Flying School which is a privately owned grass airstrip owned by a friendly Italian guy Ross and his wife Kym. We are camped alongside a small lake in a very peaceful area. There are 3 other caravans but we are all some distance from each other giving nice privacy. A BBQ dinner tonight and a fire pit to add a nice atmosphere and some warmth as the night temps are expected to go down to the mid-teens.
    Today we left Ballina and enjoyed the 320km drive to SW Rocks. Along the way we diverted into the picturesque seaside town of Iluka, which was a 35km diversion. We attempted to do some shopping in Coffs Harbour but that became too hard trying to find a spot to park with the van in tow. We then drive to Sawtell for a well deserved cappu and a light brunch.
    Departing Sawtell we decided to include a drive through Urunga on the coast which was a very pretty town. Then onto SW Rocks to set up camp.
    Then time to relax as the sunset started and the parrots arrive to salute the setting sun before flying into their resting spots. Thanks goodness they did not stay in our area with all their noise. All this while enjoying a nice rum & coke.
    Tonight will be a BBQ around the camp fire. It’s a tough life!
    Read more