Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Rocks!

    October 11, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 9 °C

    Now, like anyone, I love a good rock. This was a little bit excessive though.

    First stop, Griffins steps. Now these steps were big, long, damp and uneven. Treturous even, but worth it.

    The first of the 12 Apostels is honestly massive. Well they all are, but it is the only one we could go down and stand near on the beach. We ended up spending close to an hour down there just staring at it and hosting a photo shoot.

    Once done, we made our way to the other 5 Apostels. Again with the, they are massive. The photos can never do them justice, especially on my little phone camera. They are insane.

    After spending yet more time staring at them, we moved on. Loch Ard Gorge was a little less impressive in comparison but still cool. The arc shape made the bay below fill with practically still water, the waves dissolving into the rock. Next to it was a very cool headland. Eroded down by the waves and sea spray, it was spiky on the top and smooth down the side. Super cool.

    Next was London Bridge. Aptly named as it is indeed falling down. Two arch ways carved by time, one gone, one left for now. Reminded me of Durdle Door and the holidays we spent there.

    Then onto the grotto. Definitely the coolest t
    Close up rock formation. Hollowed up by the waves, you can see right through a few hundred meters of rock to out to the sea. I could imagine on a windy day, how incredible the waves must look.

    Our final rock was the bay of island. Lots of much smaller but no less impressive rocks. More like giant stepping stone for the rulers of old. By this point we were all beyond exhausted and were glad to be making our way to the next hostel.
    Read more