Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    The climb

    October 12, 2022 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    Rainy days call for slow progressions.

    Started off strong with a coffee and look at the journey and seeing half of our roads were closed because of flooding.

    Then out to the coast for a walk along the docks and lighthouse. We spotted an echidna in the bush which was cute and some birds nesting in the sand bank.

    It drizzled a little as we made our way inland and stopped at an old volcano crater. The view from the top was incredible. England has very little land that is flat enough to see for miles, but up there we could. I imagine on a clearer day the sea may even have been visible. We got our first look at the Grampions, our destination.

    Before long we were back on the road. It's a long way inland so we stopped for a few photo shoots before finding a mildly spooky spot for lunch.

    Soon after the rain began, and it did not stop. Ended up getting soaked as we ran for the shop and back, and decided against doing any of the hikes. Instead we headed for the pub. Very british. Had a pint before checking in.

    We were a bit early for check in but we were soaked and didn't want to be out anymore. After that, just relaxed in the hostel and made good warm food.
    Read more