Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 123

    Boats

    25 Januari 2023, Australia ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    I like boats. Boats are great. Especially boats that provide you with food and alcohol and chats.

    Woke up nice and early in Strahan. Had a talk with some of the others while the sun came up. Headed into town to grab breakfast. Or the others did and I listened to how much they hated it. Apparently the food was really bad and the coffee was burnt so glad I didnt get any.

    Then checked in at reception and got our boat tickets.

    Had a lovely boat cruise along the Gordon River.

    Landed first on Sarah Island. The old penal station used by the brits. Loads of criminals were placed here in when the colony first landed in Tasmania. All that is left is ruins but it was cool to walk around.

    A little while later we landed at a first walk. Wandering through it showed all the different things that can be made from the woods in the forest.

    Lunch was ok, the bottle of wine was better.

    At the end we met up with the rest of the group that had chosen to hike. Very glad I did not join them as it sounded super boring. Just walking through the forest for 2 hrs and then back again. From the sounds of it, it wasnt really worth the effort.

    The day ended on a high for everyone though. We went to see the 'Ship that never was' play. It is the longest running play in australia and was honestly hilarious. So worth going and sitting in the cold. There was loads of audience participation and a bunch of kids were selected as characters. Genuinely hilarious from start to finish. And the stage and props were super cool. They started with it all lying down and hidden then by the end an entire ship was erected. So cool.
    Baca lagi