Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 285–309

    Beach days in this era

    July 6, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    During the 3/4 weeks Alyssa was here we went to the beach far more than before. Alyssa was only here in Port for a little less than a month before she went back home. As a result she wanted to do something every day. Port is not known for its endless things to do, which led to is being at the beach a good 2 or 3 times a week.

    We ended up spending many hours down on the sand. Sometimes watching Seb surf, listening to music or playing volleyball. We got surprisingly good at volleyball between our little group.

    Seb was an extrovert with ADHD and Alyssa was also an extrovert. Between the two of them they managed to drag us out of the hostel almost every day.

    Despite the fact it is winter here, the weather is nearly always sunny and warm which makes for some great beach days.

    My favourite will have been our first. Seb wasn't there that day because we met him in the evening. But it was one of the first days Alyssa and Paulo were here in Port and so it was our first trip to the beach. Axel and Nathan came too, something that was pretty rare for them. We spent hours down on the beach, talking and getting to know each other. This is hardly my first time doing this with new people but there was something in our conversation that made it clear the next month was going to be good. All travellers have something in common so it is easy to make friends, but sometimes you meet a group that you connect with on a level deeper than just shared travel. That was this group.

    We went to Little Shack when the sun began to set and met Seb there. From then on wards every day was busy. I have loved every group I have had here in Port, and everyone aswell. But this era was my favourite. Beach days, and movie nights. I'm going to miss them when they are gone.
    Read more