Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 369

    Ho Chi Minh Tay #1

    September 28, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    So the Ho Chi Minh Tay is part of the Ho Chi Minh trails that criss cross Vietnam and Loas. They were built during the 19th century and named after the president that led the country through the vietnam War.

    The Ho Chi Minh Tay is a length of road that goes from Khe San to Phong NHA and is famed across the world for its views and loved by motorcyclists.

    We decided to stop at the tiny town of Long So halfway so as to break the journey up. It is usually an 8hr days so the break halfway was really nice.

    That being said, the accommodation was certainly bare, but it did enough for us for the night. The hotel was a bit strange as they kept our passports as a deposit style thing. It was a tad unnerving, but we had little choice. The place also had WiFi, which was spread after a busy day of riding.

    Despite the occasional chill when up the top of the mountains, the ride was gorgeous. It was similar to the day before but even better as we were so high up at times we could see for miles.

    The town, however, was very lacking. There were a few restaurants listed on Google, but none were open. We managed to find someone who cooked us some pho. Dinner ended up being some snacks we bought from the store because the options were even more lacking come sunset.
    Read more