Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 370

    Ho Chi Minh Tay #2

    September 29, 2023 in Vietnam ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    Dad and I got up pretty early today and headed out for the second half of the Ho Chi Minh Tay. Yesterday, we rode for ages and barely saw another vehicle. Today was just the same.

    About an hour in we past 2 other bikers going in the other direct. We stopped for a bit for dad to climb a waterfall for some water, and they passed us. We stopped for a while and got some tips going forward.

    The rest of the day was pretty smooth sailing. I am certainly struggling a little with the long days of continuous riding. Siting for so long isn't the most comfortable thing to do. After about 2 hrs, it becomes quite uncomfortable. But regular breaks are helping.

    We arrived at Phong NHA about when we expected too, so that was nice. Our accommodation for the next few days is honestly gorgeous. We each have a room that overlooks the river and mountain opposite with an adjoining balcony.

    The rain began once again, but the cover of our balcony kept me nice and dry as I relaxed. We went to a vegetarian restaurant in town for dinner which was surprisingly good. I got the aubergine and lemon grass, top tier.
    Read more