Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Kuala Lumpur city tour

    January 4, 2014 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    We were much much better today so we got out of the hotel for the first time since Wednesday.

    As we only had one day to explore this fascinating city we booked a tour at the hotel and to speed up the trip we booked a car for the 3 of us only that way we didn't have to wait for other people.

    The driver / guide was a Chinese man, who was really knowledgeable and did the extra to show us the city his English was pretty good.

    First "stop" although we didn't really stop was Chinatown, then Merdeka square where we stop for 50 minutes to check the KL city gallery, the flag, Sultan Abdul building and other colonial buildings.

    We then pass the National mosque to finally arrive to the impressive King's palace, all of these places offering great photo opportunities.

    Next stop were the famous Batu Caves and its 250 steps, we were supposed to stop here for 1 hour to go to the top but we gave it a miss as it started to rain and we were still a bit weak after two days in bed.

    The final stop was Royal Selangor visitor centre, the place was surprisingly entertaining, especially for Ximena. We also found the big chop of beer.

    We wanted to go to Menara tower but due to the rain we missed it, a pity. Instead the driver dropped us at KLCC mall where we spent the rest of the afternoon.

    We started with our dosis of anthi-malarya pills, I read about some really bad side effects, lets hope we go alright.

    Tomorrow we leave Malaysia and enter Cambodia to visit the Khmer legacy.....Angkor Wat
    Read more