Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    DAY 16 - Berlin (more canel crusing)

    September 7, 2023 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Scott went for a quick run this morning thinking Jez had gone out without him (turns out he was still in bed). Everyone except Meg (still feeling unwell) grabbed some breakfast at a cafe around the corner from our accom.

    We went back to the apartment to grab Meg before ordering a Bolt to Beluchi's Bar, an international sports bar in Midde. We arrived in time for the Collingwood v Melbourne qualifying final at 11:20am. There were quite a few other Australians who had the same idea. Downstairs was predominately pies supporters and upstairs dees (aka MCC). We sat downstairs despite Sean and Meg both supporting Melbourne. After the game, we got another Bolt to Alexanderplatz and walked past many tourist sites (including the Berliner Fernsehturm (a spire) and St. Mary's Church) on our way to the ferry. Jez separated from the group for bit of shopping time, leaving the rest of us to our ferry trip (yes, we got another ferry). The ferry travelled along the Spree River passing among other things the Reichstag (German parliament), Schloss Bellevue (Bellevue Palace) and Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral). Afterwards, we grabbed a quick bite and a couple drinks and headed back to our accom.

    We crossed the canel (reunited with Jez) in search of a dinner spot. We settled on Korean, which was a great choice as the food was delicious. Matt joined us towards the end of dinner.

    After dinner, we walked to a nearby bar to catch up with Matt over a few drinks. As time got on and a day of sightseeing tomorrow we decided to head back to the accom to get some sleep.
    Read more