Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Firenze

    May 13, 2015 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    The day started with a beautiful drive through Italy to Florence. When we finally arrived we made our way to the Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore, which is spectacular. We decided to make our way to the top of the cathedral, which was no easy task. First, we had to find tickets, and that alone was confusing. The tickets weren't sold at the cathedral, but in an ally across the street from it at a machine which looked like an ATM. After getting the tickets we waited in line, and the line was very long, but worth it. Getting to the top is a workout, and the closer you get to the top, the more narrow, and steep the stairways become. There is only one way up, and down, so at times we waited for a group to come up, and then a group would go down. The view of the city from the top is amazing. After admiring this beautiful city for a while we left a lock on the safety fence, and then made our way down to explore more of the city.

    We made our way to the Galleria dell'Accademia, and saw the famous David statue by Michelangelo. The galleria was filled with tons of art, and even though David is the star attraction, there are plenty of masterpieces throughout the museum.

    After the galleria we made our way back to the cathedral, and found a nice restaurant right next door, with a perfect view of it. The dinner was fantastic, and having the cathedral in the background just made the entire dinner more magical.

    We highly recommend going to Florence, and we look forward to going there again.
    Read more