Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Craiova again...

    April 5, 2019 in Romania ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    Today we had an easy day. A short stroll to the Natural Science Museum and we were immersed in the environment that we could observe throughout the week on our journeys through this area of Romania. The prehistoric animals found around the area, the fauna and flora and the geological heritage are all well represented in this small but well organised museum. Further on we entered the Ethnographic Museum - Casa Bäniei - where the food, clothes and tapestries are the window to the arts, crafts and habits of the Romanian people.
    Still before lunch we were fortunate enough to visit the school that is recognised as the best in Craiova. Students can attend this school from kindergarten till the 11th grade. The students who come here are from all kinds of origins and places. It has also the boarding possibility for students who come from distant places. They have the chance to learn a lot of different languages, the library is amazing, the computer room is immense and their amphitheater holds around 300 people. This is not only used for theatre plays, lectures or presentations. It is also a place for parents, teachers and students meetings. The board of education holds regular meetings with the students to discuss the school projects and answer to students’ questions. The Headmaster of the school - an energetic busy woman - tells us that the secret of their success is to always be truthful to the students and have open conversations about whichever subject. Their moto of this school that exists for almost 200 years is very simple: fighting every single school day to be number one in everything.

    The afternoon was relaxing. The city centre of Craiova is very pleasant and the atmosphere is nice with music coming from the loudspeakers and stands with salty and sweet street food.

    Finally, after dinner all the teams had a final evening together to enjoy the last moments of fun. Chatting, summing up the results of the week, playing cards or even dancing a bit...
    Read more