Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Warsaw - open air history class!

    October 22, 2019 in Poland ⋅ ☁️ 18 °C

    Warsaw Day! The capital of Poland is imposing. The guide that the Polish team chose was fantastic! He was able to keep our team's attention throughout the visit and made himself understood all the time, always trying to rephrase his speech to make himself understood. A three-hour walking tour of the city has led us to remarkable historical times for the world and for Europe, namely the latest and most terrible world war. Despite the massacre to which the Polish people were subjected in this war, the shock that came to our guide was evident throughout our visit when he realized that there was an even more tortured people within his own country - the Jewish people. We went through various places of interest. We saw the modus operandi of the German army, its cruelty and the destruction it has caused in the city, leading to its near total destruction. It is therefore amazing to see how the Polish people dedicated themselves to the complete reconstruction of the city and carried out a brilliant and Herculean task.
    The Soviet presence is also very evident and its biggest symbol is the imposing Palace of Culture - a replica of the palace of the same name in Moscow. From the top you can see the whole city, making the obvious exercise of recognizing the places we have been to before.
    After lunch it is fun time! Learning by doing! The interactive Science Museum brings knowledge and tests individual capabilities, increasing critical spirit and leading to knowledge in a sustained but also empirical way. From physical dexterity to the sensory part, going through pure knowledge of the laws of physics and science, anything is possible here.
    Read more