Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Evenings in Cape May

    July 16, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    When we returned home from the beach we all sat in rocking chairs on the porch and watched the world go by. There are elegant house drawn coaches which do a tour of the town. The drivers give an historic commentary as they pass the different houses and landmarks. There is a Cinderella coach whose driver is dressed like Cinderella. That one lights up at night. There is also a bus tour. The bus stops outside the Ashley Rose and the guide tells everyone about the bathroom added on the side of the building on the 2nd floor. It's quite amusing to have them stare at us while we stare at them.

    Mercina, Eva and I went for a walk. We saw many historic buildings and lots more Victorian houses.

    In the early evening we went to Congress Hall which is a huge hotel and restaurant complex. It has been on the same site for over 150 years. Every Monday in summer they hold an old fashioned carnival on their lawn. We bought game tickets and then had fun taking part in the different activities. There was Toss the Ring Over the Bottles, Bean bag throwing, Frog Flinging, Skeet Ball and Poppy's favourite Hit the target so hard that it flies up the pole and rings the bell.
    Read more