Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Things to do in Cape May

    July 16, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    This is the third time I am typing this!

    We woke to a lovely breakfast provided by our stellar hosts. Kelly makes great pancakes and the bacon was fabulous.

    We walked into town for a spot of retail therapy. The shops here are typical of a resort town. Lots of t shirts, souvenirs and assorted fun stuff. They have quite a few specialty shops. The kids loved the sweet shop and they have some salt water taffy to bring home for everyone to try. Andrew likes the Peanut Butter shop where you can try the different concoctions. I quite liked the honey roasted peanut butter and the butterscotch flavour but the chocolate peanut butter and the cappuccino peanut butter left an interesting taste in the mouth. Kelly bought a jar of Bacon and Maple Peanuts. They were educational. Sometimes it's best not to combine flavours!

    Andrew and Kelly took the kids to the beach. You have to pay to go to the beach here. It is more expensive for the tourists who pay $6 a day or $12 for 3 consecutive days or $18 for a week. The locals buy season passes for $20. The money pays for the upkeep of the beach as well as the lifeguards. The surf is pretty rough but the water is quite warm. The beach is very sandy and the sand can get quite hot. The beach is a 5 minute walk from the Ashley Rose. You can see it from the front porch.

    I went to the Cape May Day Spa for a Swedish Massage. This was my first experience and I enjoyed it! Good to get a bit of pampering every now and then.

    I joined everyone at the beach for a while before the weather closed in and we all scampered back to the house with our umbrella, chairs and gear.

    A fun day
    Read more