Satellite
Show on map
  • Heave Away!

    September 5, 2019 in Canada ⋅ 🌧 20 °C

    Newfoundland is the only province I had not been to so it seemed a great idea to make it our first trip since our return to Canada in January 2019. Plans began over a year ago with Heather and Alan from St. John’s graciously offering to be hosts for this adventure. Diane and Gary also joined us from Calgary. We celebrated our decision with a gin toast at Diane and Gary’s place when we last met…or maybe we were toasting for another reason! The 6 of us can usually find a reason to make a toast! Our monthly HDL calls (Heather/Diane/Leah) now needed to include travel as part of our discussions! Sometimes it was hard to get it all in but we managed!

    When you tell folks you are going to Newfoundland, you get one of two responses. “Oh, I have been there and you are going to LOVE it!” or “Oh, you are so lucky! It is on my list of places to visit!”

    We flew across the country to Halifax where we met Diane and Gary to catch a flight to Deer Lake. Packing presented a bit of a challenge as the 6 of us are travelling in a van with limited space and we also need to pack wine, food, and some supplies. Kern and I made clothing piles where we added, took away and added again…you get the picture!

    Heather and Alan have put together a fabulous itinerary for us! No detail too small and everyone’s needs and interests considered. Our travels will include Gros Morne, Twillingate, Fogo Island, Trinity, Bonavista, St. John’s, Bay Roberts, Cape Spear, Admirals Cove…I hope by now you are reminded of the tune “I’se the B’y”….

    And as Aaron often says...”adventure is out there” and we intend to find it!
    Read more