Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    A Day on Fogo Island- Part 2

    September 10, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 10 °C

    Now for the rest of our day and onto our final stop, Fogo, on the northwest side of the island. More seafood for lunch with a yummy serving of pan fried cod! So good! A hike up to Brimstone Head (one of the 4 corners of the Flat Earth) with stunning scenery as a reward for making it to the top (not to mention burning off a few calories). We also visited a “ fishing stage” which is a little wooden building that sits partly on a wooden frame and partly on land. When the cod come in, they are received in the front of the stage, processed and then moved to the back of the stage. And last but not least a quick visit to the Marconi museum which also have us a stunning viewpoint over Fogo.

    Then it was a race to the ferry and we made it just as the last vehicle drove on. Whew!

    Cannot sign off before I tell you about dinner at Sansome’s! Once again, great food! Crab spring rolls, mussels, lobster Kaiser, seafood fettuccine, cod, seafood chowder and then desserts of partridge berry cake, rhubarb cake with vanilla sauce, chocolate pistachio cake and ....

    The experience was topped off by a beautiful sunset waiting for us when we left the restaurant. Life is good. Seeing new places and eating great food with good wonderful friends. We are blessed.
    Read more