Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 2: Tanah Lot Temple

    June 30, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We started our day with a yoga class at 8am with the instructor, Coin. This was followed by breakfast - smoothie bowl for me and Balinese style English breakfast for Sam!

    After a quick change we headed to the pool for ‘Aqua Stretch’. We had absolutely no idea what we were getting in to but it turned out to be a combination of self and assisted stretches thanks to Coin again! Never been so stretched in my life!

    Now we were able to touch our heads with our feet, we had a quick shower and headed to reception to hire ‘bikes’. Turns out when you say bikes in Bali they automatically think you mean moped! We were wished off with “be safe” “these roads are not like yours” “please be safe” which filled us with confidence…this was clearly needed though as 3 seconds after getting on the bike Sam forgot how to turn and almost drove into the bush!

    We safely made it to Tanah Lot and and spent the next few hours exploring the temple and surrounding shops. Unfortunately we couldn’t walk further into the temple as Sam didn’t want to give a donation to be blessed and so we crossed back over to the beach with half the experience…I’m sure his story differs to this!

    We had lunch looking over the temple and passed a random cafe with roaming Luaks and bats…didn’t try the coffee though! After another hour or so of strolling through the shops/surrounding area we headed back to the resort for a swim and relax by the pool.

    Another amazing dinner of margarita pizza for me (fancier than it sounds) and Balinese soup and lemongrass chicken for Sam (can’t remember their proper names!).

    We finished the day with a movie in bed and a rainstorm to see us to sleep 💤 ⛈
    Read more