Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4: Ubud

    July 2, 2022 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    We woke around 6am to Sam convinced there was a bird in our room. After about 15 minutes of him looking for it we fell back asleep until 8am. Complimentary breakfast at the hotel was a fried egg on toast for me and scrambled for Sam. It also came with a fruit plate and watermelon juice…not bad!

    Once we had a plan together we headed out for the day. First stop was Senimans Coffee which was amazing. Major caffeine overload after a tasting tray, espresso ice cream and a cold brew! Buzzing we carried on exploring all the little shops along the way as we headed south towards the Monkey Forest. The forest was great and with a little convincing I managed to persuade Sam to pay 50,000rph to get a selfie with the monkey…so worth it. Thank goodness this came before Sam got fended off a swing by one rebel monkey claiming back his territory.

    We were now flagging and of course starving so we headed back towards the main road to grab some lunch. Sadly where we had planned to go had closed down (Watercress), but we came across Milk and Madu which fed us well. Sam had a Poke bowl with teriyaki chicken and I had corn fritters with poached eggs, bacon, avocado and salsa.

    Sticking to the plan we then made the trek out towards the gym!! We both did a leg session and there was ALOT of sweat. On our way back we called into Bali Buda which was a fab little health food/environmentally friendly shop where I grabbed a slice of banana bread for 44p and Sam a brownie for 76p!

    17,000 steps later and after a shower back at the hotel, we headed to our local street again, to a Mexican that we had walked past a few times. The food was great - nachos to start, burger and loaded baked potato for mains…and of course a Pina Colada and White Russian. Sam threw in at the end of our order that we would also have a coconut. This seemed like a great idea until it arrived and we both realised we don’t like coconut water 🥥

    It was back to a different gelato location this evening as we thought we may as well complete 20,000 steps!

    Only 2 more nights in hotel stench! Yippee
    Read more