Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Lake Garda - Salo, Bardolino & Portese

    July 16, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Walked to Salo today to get the hop on/off ferry boat over to Bardolino. We did not realise quite how big the lake was, so this was a great way to travel/see other ports.

    Bardolino was a very pretty old town. Many bars/restaurants/shops. Gorgeous waters, colourful flowers and boats a plenty!

    Lunch lakeside (over ordering and over indulging) watching the boats come in.

    Quick dip in the lake here and then boat back - this time to Portese.

    Man it’s hot! Off the beaten track, walking amongst the olive groves back to base we stumble across a tiny village and hear some live music rehearsals. We stick our heads in and they say there is a live concert on the square tonight … we will be back!

    Swim back at camp, no tea needed as still full from lunch and then head back to the little square in the evening.

    Stage set up, rows of plastic seats, hundreds of local Italians …. and us. The concert was organised by some rich local Italian family and free to attend! Bit of a pinch me moment as we sat through the concert not knowing what they were singing/saying … but beautiful and amazing to watch all the same. Singer was Roberta Montanari.

    What a way to end our Lake Garda visit 🎶 😊
    Read more