Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    CLT- ORD

    March 24, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 48 °F

    Parked the van at “The Parking Spot”. Very nice. They are a new affiliate of AAA so members get discounts on parking there and employees get even better discounts! Very easy to get to in Charlotte. Exit Little Rock Rd off of I-85 and then just a few simple turns. Better than anything I’ve done in the past while parking at CLT. Scanned the app at the gate. The attendant said Parking lot K. As soon as we parked, attendant was there to load our bags and we were off.

    On board our United flight (CRJ-700) at 10:30 am saying a silent prayer we make our connection in ORD. Tried to get on later flight Out of ORD - no luck. United counter person was less than helpful (our luck). Guess a lot of Spring Breakers are traveling sucking up all the seats. On a very small plane 2-2 heading to ORD. Had to put our bags under the plane - that will not help. But hey we’re alive and it’s a sunny day!! Think I heard the pilot say it is a 1 hr 37 minute flight- if true that might help as it is listed as 2:12. Lifted off at 10:49 edt. Got a 13 minute walk to get between gates at ORD. Arranged for wheelchair to see if that would help. (Told flight attendant about our short connection and she was quite nice -said she’d do what she could to help. Came back a few minutes later to tell us the United counter person didn’t actually put wheelchair on our reservation, but she’d call ahead. ). Got the usual small pack of pretzels - cant fly w/o pretzels!

    Due in at 11:58 am. Making approach at 11:12. Touchdown at 11:15. At the gate at 11:25. Just got a phone alert that connection time has increased from 49 mins to 1 hr 23 mins. Great news!!

    We’re so early no gate attendant to let us off the plane. Finally off - bags and wheelchairs waiting. Heck they even had IPads on the back of the chairs with your names lit up. Nice to have someone bring you to the gate. At the gate with an hour to go! I am ready for an entire bottle of Jim Beam!
    Read more