Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day 1 in Paris

    December 19, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 6 °C

    Finally made it to Paris after another 10:40 in the air.
    Got through french customers pretty quickly. Had to walk over to terminal C to find the train. Buying a ticket was a bit of a challenge but I figured it out. The train took about an hour then a short walk to the hotel. The weather in Paris is cool around 12°C , with a bit of drizzle, but generally not too bad.

    Made it to Hôtel des Grands Hommes. The plan was to drop off my bags and to wander around until either the room was ready or it was time to meet Erin. Luck was on my side again and I was able to get straight into the room and got upgraded to a superior room facing the Pantheon. The room is small but quite nice.

    Had a shower and a quick nap and walked over to Montparnasse station to meet Erin. Took the root through Luxembourg Gardens which seem quite pleasant. The pond in the middle of the park is starting to freeze so it must have been cold over the last few days. Got a bit lost in the next back streets but finally found the station. By the time I got to the station Erin's train was due.

    The station was packed with people and there didn't seem to be any information on arrivals so I didn't know which platform Erin was arriving at. I wandered around for a few minutes getting more and more anxious that I had missed her when she appeared out of the crowd. We walked back through the park again and got settled in to the hotel.

    Erin chose an Italian place around the corner for dinner it was called Papilla. She had the thee cheese pasta and I had a pizza. Both meals were great. There was a strange staircase in the middle of the restaurant going down to who knows what. We speculated that it might lead to the restrooms or to some under ground entry from the train station but as neither of us went to look we will never know.

    After dinner we wander back to the hotel via a small convince store were we picked up some double stuffed Oreos. One we got back we had a brief planning session about what we will do tomorrow and decided to hit a couple of museums that are not too far away. By 8:30 I was toast and crashed out while Erin stayed up watching something on her laptop.
    Read more