Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 82 - Felucca on the Nile, Egypt

    September 29, 2023 in Egypt ⋅ ☀️ 44 °C

    This morning we woke up and had breakfast at the hotel, there was a huge variety at this morning for breakfast! Coffee was good too!

    We had until 11am to be ready to board the Felucca so we went and grabbed some snacks and water for the next day or so. Egypt has their weekends on Friday & Saturday, and Friday is their holy day to pray so not a lot was open in the morning.

    We boarded the Felucca at 11am and set sail heading North towards Luxor. No end destination specifically as we just try and get as far North before sunset.

    Our guide Mohamed and the Felucca driver had to stop to pray and this is where they served lunch to us. Falafel was on the menu with rice, veggies and some spicy beans which will make a shared toilet an interesting.

    We sailed on further north, going below the New Aswan City Bridge, they had to lower the sail to get under this bridge which the crew made look easy. We watched another Felucca in-front have a lot of trouble with this. Just north of the bridge we stopped and who wanted a swim could. Katie and I didn’t but we got to watch some sheep and goats get herded along the river edge.

    We sailed until sunset where we ended up docking with other Feluccas.
    Dinner was served here of grilled chicken, rice and some vegetables.

    The low of the evening was meant to drop to only 28degrees at 6am. They brought us out blankets that we really didn’t need as we sleep on the Felucca with no sides so we relied on the breeze to pick up to keep us cool.
    Read more