Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Day 2 KL

    July 31, 2017 ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Another great day!

    Somehow we managed to actually get up to our alarms at 8 ... and feel remotely fine (even more surprising!). AND the sun was out!!

    We had the nicest day just chilling by the pool and enjoying the sun. Besides the clouds - the weather was good.

    Late afternoon we went to Central Market as it was recommended on Trip Advisor. I got my usual souvenir rubbish, then we went to get some food. We tried to be cultural and eat there as we had read good reviews .... but maaaaate ... we could not eat it. For approximately £2 we had wedges, garlic bread, curry, rice and veg Pokhara. But we were the only foreign people in there, so we felt so out of place. And decided that this food would not be good for our stomachs ... and confused as to where these amazing reviews came from! So we ate some, then decided to get food after the Menara Tower.

    We went up to the observation deck in the tower. There were practically no queues - and ... it only cost 105 RM which is about £25 and so much better than the Burj Khalifa (this is why we love it here!!).
    There was a big spacious open deck, and a glass booth you could stand/ sit on. That was the only thing you had to queue for (and even then it didn't take too long!).

    After that, we headed to Mai Bar (Hope found it online - it looked great and the reviews were great!). We had nachos and pizza - probably some of the nicest food we have ever had. The nachos beat all the other crap nachos we have had so far this trip (I think it's our signature dish as we want nachos EVERYWHERE we go!).
    Hope had a vodka cranberry (there was no cocktails as the bar was closing :() and so I just had a Diet Coke (my craving was unreal ... in Nepal I had to drink normal Coke as I'm assuming Diet Coke is a lot more expensive for them to import so it was very limited ... and when somewhere did have it, it was minimum 3 times the price of normal Coke!!).

    The views were amazing (again) so we just sat and enjoyed it. Hope almost fell over and managed to get it on video ... it was so funny!

    We missed the last monorail so had to get a taxi back (who got lost continuously so the price ended up being double it should have when it was his fault not ours .... but it is definitely not worth complaining over in a foreign country).

    We got our bags ready when we got back, then had an early (ish) night as we had to be up at 5 the following morning.

    Another incredible day in this incredible city!
    Read more