Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Skygarden in Seminyak

    August 2, 2017 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    It's actually Thursday 10th August right now, and we are currently on the boat back from Gili T to the mainland. We have had the most amazing time on the Gili islands, so have been so ridiculously busy (hence no blog posts). But I have wrote everything down so will catch up on all of the days (and make sure I write every single day for the rest of the trip!).

    So starting with the 2nd August. We had the nicest sleep ever, and didn't end up getting up until 11 am (and that was only because check out was 12!). We packed our bags, and paid the transport man at the hostel to take us to the Capsule Hostel, in Seminyak. The journey was approximately 45 minutes long.

    We got to the hostel at 1 pm ish, then went and grabbed some food. We went to a cute cafe down the road which did the nicest fresh juices (Hope had tangerine juice and I had tangerine with ginger and wheatgrass). Food wise Hope had veg lasagna and I had some local food (Need to google the name ... it was noodles with an egg on - they have egg with everything here!). Then we chilled out at the hostel for 2 hours whilst we waited to check in (the weather was so cloudy, so it was a great excuse to drink a few double vodkas at the bar haha). We met 2 English boys who were so lovely, so chatted with them, and they told us about a place called SkyGarden in Seminyak centre which has unlimited food and alcohol between 5-9 for just 120 Indonesian Rupiah (approximately £6.50) ... so our night was sorted haha!

    After checking in, we walked to Potato Head Beach Club. It was amazing there, but the weather was so cloudy, and there was a huge queue to get a bed (we were number 71 so obviously didn't get called whilst we were there). We got 2 drinks each (the cocktails were so expensive), and just spent a couple of hours chilling.

    After that, we got a bluebird taxi (the Indonesian version of Uber ... which it turns out other taxi's hate as they are taking all their custom. One taxi driver even said that you have to walk away from the taxi ranks to order a bluebird, otherwise the taxis often get on a motorbike and follow the bluebirds and break their wing mirrors ... savage!).

    We met the 2 boys from the hostel at Skygarden, and some of their friends (who actually ended up being the girls we spent most of Bali with, though we only spoke to one of them that night).

    We had such a hilarious night. We made the most of the free bar of course, and played a few drinking games. Then after 9, the place turned into more of a club so everyone was dancing on the tables and having a great night. The drinks were still so cheap when the free bar was over - only 10K for a beer (Hope was getting 150K cocktails though of course hahaha ...but spilt one all over me so had to replace one AND she got me one to say sorry ... bless her!) The actual club was amazing - the night was hilarious and a great first night in Seminyak!
    Everyone we spoke to in Seminyak seemed to be obsessed with Skygarden haha ... we understand why now though!

    Overall, we had a fantastic day and night!
    Read more